It's a Beautiful Day
It is Wednesday, August 30, and it is a beautiful day in Illinois. The sun is shining brightly, but not too hotly. A breeze is blowing calmly, but not too coolly. The birds are chirping cheerfully, but not too loudly. And I am sitting in my cozy living room, computer on my lap, trying to type out this blog entry as quickly as possible so I can go outside and enjoy the summer’s most beautiful day.
These are the days that I missed the most when I was sweating through my salwars in that tropical paradise halfway around the world. And these are the days I will miss the most when I get nervous about the bitter Illinois winter and head halfway across the country to another tropical paradise. I prefer sweating to freezing, as you probably know quite well by now; but on a beautiful day like this – a day when I can choose shorts, capris, or jeans; a day when I can take a jacket or leave it – it’s hard to remember what it feels like to sweat or freeze.
It’s still summer here. But it’s a perfect summer day. It’s beautiful. It’s wonderful. It’s home.

<< Home