A Stop in India on My Way Home
I returned from my last adventure in Nepal and Tibet around 2 pm on Sunday afternoon. I headed right to Achen's house to unpack, do laundry, and think about repacking. Yes, I have only gotten as far as thinking about that, meaning that I have less than a day to actually do it. But if it means I have to be up all night tonight, at least I know I have plenty of time to catch up on my sleep on the long flights that are in my future.
My time in Nepal and Tibet was absolutely amazing, and you can read more about it in my last newsletter, which will go out on Tuesday, just before I head home.
And speaking of heading home...it honestly still has not sunk in that this is what I'm about to do. I am packing, yes, and saying goodbyes and all the other stuff that comes with leaving one place to get to another. But it doesn't feel real. And that makes me wonder if, once I actually arrive home and see that it is real, if I'll be able to look back at this year and feel that it was. In so many ways, it seems I've been dreaming for a year. And I'm about to wake up in my soft bed in my pink bedroom, not knowing for sure whether or not these experiences are just figments of my imagination.
I suppose I will have proof of their reality, though, in the form of three big, heavy bags waiting to be unpacked.
I have about 24 hours left in India and then 36 more on planes and in airports. Once those hours have passed, I will be home. I'm really ready to go now, but I just can't seem to make myself believe that I actually am.

<< Home