Happy Thanksgiving
Dear Family and Friends,
As you get together to enjoy your feasts and fellowship on this wonderful holiday, I hope you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Although India does not celebrate Thanksgiving, the volunteers are getting together for a sadhya (feast) at Achen's this evening. Betty Kochamma is going to prepare something marvelous that is as close to a turkey and pumpkin pie as we can get in India. I can't wait!
Without getting preachy, I do want to provide you with a little reminder as to what this holiday is all about - THANKS-GIVING. We all have so many things for which to be thankful. Today, let us remember those things. And, as we wonder if we can get another serving of turkey and another sliver of pumpkin pie (or, for those of us in India, another serving of chicken and another piece of carrot cake) into our overfull bellies, let us not forget those who do not have so much to be thankful for.
Today, of all days, do not forget to pray. And have a marvelous time giving thanks.

<< Home