From August 2005 to August 2006, I lived in India. This was a year full of challenges, humor, and growth, all documented here.

Monday, February 13, 2006

And Life Goes Back to Normal...

It is a beautiful Monday, and, after a weekend of much-needed rest (the excitement of entertaining my parents for 10 days finally caught up with me), I am ready to fall back into my normal daily routine. Actually, that phrase is rather meaningless as I really don't have a "normal daily routine" so much as a make-it-up-as-you-go-and-by-how-you-feel schedule. But whatever "routine" I decide on, I do know it's time to stop playing and get back to work.

In the coming weeks, I am expecting my job at the college to keep me more busy than usual. I have a lot of work to do on the alumni database that I am supposed to be building, although I haven't yet been given all of the tools needed to build it (patience). I also have big plans for updating the college web site, but the changes I suggested are still sitting in committee (patience). Besides those two major projects, that, with a little bit of time and a little bit more patience, will get rolling soon, today I was actually called "the principal's personal secretary" by the principal himself. I don't mind, but shouldn't that be a paying job?

Ok, just kidding.

I didn't come to India to get rich anyway. I came to use my talents and skills to benefit the college and community to which I have been sent. I came to share my heart with the people and to let my heart expand with the love that I receive. I came to learn lessons and to build character. I came to have an adventure. And I came to grow up. And regardless of what work I get done (or don't), what projects I finish (or don't), and how much money is in my bank account when it's all said and done, I have realized that I am doing exactly what I came here to do.

And so, it's back to my "normal daily routine" of the adventures of sharing my talents and skills, spreading my love, learning my lessons, building my character, and growing myself up!